The free flash makeover event has ended on 31 March 2020, 11pm
Thank you for your participation. Please stay tuned to our upcoming events.
Copyright by Shiseido Malaysia Sdn Bhd (685030-U).
Terms & Conditions
ORGANISER & ELIGIBILITY
1. “Synchro Skin Flash Makeover” Contest by Shiseido [“Contest”] is organised by Shiseido Co. Ltd. [“the Organiser”] and is open to all Malaysian residents aged 18 and above.
2. Employees of the Organiser [including its affiliated and related companies] and their immediate family members [children, parents, brothers, and sisters, including spouses] shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest.
3. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
4. This Contest will be governed by the following terms and conditions (the "Terms"). Entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms by their participation in the Contest and will be bound by the Terms.
JOINING THE CONTEST & CONTEST PERIOD
5. This Contest will run from now till 31st March 2020 [“the Contest Period”]. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Contest Period, mechanics, and prizes at any time. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be disqualified.
6. To participate in this Contest, participants must go through the following steps:
7. The winners will stand a chance to win a Shiseido Synchro Skin Tone Up Primer Compact.
8. Ten winners will be chosen to receive the gift.
9. The gift can be redeemed by end of April 2020 once the organiser contacts the winners. Gifts that are not collected in between collection period will no longer be available for redemption.
10. Winners will be contacted via personal email and/or Facebook messenger where mode of prize redemption will be arranged. The organiser will not be held responsible should there be any error, delay, or defect in notification via the email and/or telephone to the winners.
11. The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with that of similar value at any time without prior notice. All prizes are given on an “As Is” basis and prizes cannot be transferred and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other items, or voucher, in part or in full.
12. Participants and winners will bear in full and be responsible for any liabilities, unexpected incidents, injuries, malfunctions, claims, or accidents (including death) that were caused by them entering this Contest or during their redemption and/or usage of Contest prizes and they agree to relieve the Organiser and its agencies from any claims be it for any forms of injuries, accidents, loss of life, or economical losses and others.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to use the names and/or photographs of the winners as materials for the purposes of advertising, trade, and/or publicity, without any prior notice to the winners and the winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials.
14. All materials uploaded or submitted must be original and shall not breach any intellectual property rights belonging to any party. The participants shall not pose, distribute, reproduce, or submit in any way whatsoever, any scripts and videos containing any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, or other proprietary information owned by another party without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such intellectual property rights or proprietary information. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on in a way that constitutes an intellectual property infringement, please contact the Organiser.
15. The Organiser’s decisions are final with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation, the determination of the winners.
16. The Organiser, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify this Terms & Conditions without any prior notice, if required for the smooth running of the Contest.
17. Posting of any illegal or prohibited content as stated in below list by the participant may, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, result in termination of participation in addition to the disqualification of participation. Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, contents which, in the Organiser’s sole judgment:
is offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
include ingredients that are offensive to other religious practices and/or competitive products that appear in the photographs;
harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
includes any information that  the participant knows is false or misleading,  promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, or  is threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libellous;
displays obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit material of any kind;
VI. includes material that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
19. For the purpose and as permitted by applicable data privacy laws, your personal data in which you have provided to the Organiser in your application to participate in “Synchro Skin Flash Makeover” Contest by Shiseido will be recorded, stored, or otherwise processed for purposes relating to the administration of the Contest and for related advertising, publicity, marketing, and our other legitimate business purpose.
20. The Organiser has taken the relevant cautionary and security measures to ensure the safekeeping of all the Participants’ personal data and requires all third-party data processors to comply to the same measures. Please note, however, that the Organiser can present the Participants’ personal data should it be required to do so by the law or by a search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
Shiseido Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“Shiseido” or “We”) is committed to protecting
"Personal Data" means any personally identifiable data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be
identified from that data.
process and protect that information.
We collect Personal Data through, but not limited to, the following means:
When you connect with us through social media or attend our marketing events; and
When you agree and consent to be a member of the Shiseido Membership, whether through
physical or electronic means.
sending an e-mail to you. Your continued membership, access to and/or use of the Website will be taken
to be your agreement to, and acceptance of, all changes made in each updated version. Please check
back regularly for updated information on how we handle your Personal Data.
We do not collect, use or disclose your Personal Data without your consent (except where permitted and
authorised by law). By providing your Personal Data to us, you hereby consent to us collecting, using,
disclosing, transferring, and processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in Section 3 of
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to, your: (a) first name and family
name; (b) home address; (c) date of birth; (d) email address; and, only if appropriate, your (e) user
name and password; (f) billing and delivery address; (g) personal identification number; and (h) other
information as may be reasonably required for us to provide you with the Services as defined in Section
We collect, use, disclose, transfer and process your Personal Data for the purpose of providing services.
These services include, but are not limited to:
providing you with information on products and campaigns from us, Shiseido Group and our
third party business partners via email, SMS, and post (where we have your express consent);
allowing you to purchase products and services offered for sale via the Website;
facilitating your transactions with us;
sending you product samples and/or products;
keeping you informed of updates, changes, and developments relating to us and our Services;
providing you with personalized consultations;
responding to queries or feedback from you;
maintaining and operating the Website;
managing our administrative and business operations;
engaging third party business partners and data processors to perform certain aspects of the
performing customer profiling, market analysis, and research to improve our product and
service offerings to you;
preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks; and
other purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
(collectively, the "Services")
4. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, ACCESS & CORRECTION
If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive information on new products and campaigns, or any other
Services, you may do so by:
unsubscribing from our Website;
clicking the “Unsubscribe" link in the email(s) we send to you;
contacting our Data Protection Officer at the email address below; or
writing to us at the address below.
Please note that if you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, or to withdraw your consent
to our use, disclosure, transfer and/or processing of your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide
you with some or all of the Services.
We will ensure that the Personal Data in our possession is accurate and complete to the best of our
You have a right to request for access and correction of your Personal Data. If you would like assistance
in accessing and/or correcting your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the
email address below. We will get back to you within 21 days.
This Website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 16 or older. We do not intend to
collect Personal Data from children under 16 years of age, except on some sites specifically directed to
We protect the Personal Data of children along with the necessary parental consent in the same manner as
it protects the Personal Data of adults.
6. THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE & TRANSFER
We do not disclose or transfer your Personal Data to third parties unless we have clearly asked for and
obtained your consent to do so (except where permitted and authorised by law).
The Personal Data which you provide to us may be stored, processed, transferred between, and accessed
from servers located in the United States and other countries which have laws and regulations that may
not guarantee the same level of protection of Personal Data as Malaysia. However, we will take
regardless of where your Personal Data is stored or accessed from.
6.1 Disclosure to affiliated companies in the Shiseido Group
The Shiseido Group comprises a number of affiliated companies and legal entities located both
within and outside Malaysia. We may disclose, where appropriate and to the extent necessary,
your Personal Data to such affiliated companies and legal entities for the purposes of corporate
reporting, market research and analysis, customer relationship management and other related
legal and business purposes. Please note that we provide our affiliated companies and legal
entities with only the Personal Data they need for such business and legal purposes, and we
require that they protect such Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws and
6.2 Disclosure to third party business partners
We rely on third party business partners to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so
doing, Shiseido may let service providers, located both within and outside Malaysia, use your
Personal Data for the marketing and promotion of products, services or events that may be of
interest to you, for market research and analysis, for customer relationship management, and for
the fulfilment of your orders for products and services purchased via the Website. Please note
that we provide our third party business partners with only the Personal Data they need to
perform their services and we require that they protect such Personal Data in accordance with
6.3 Disclosure to third party data processors
We may use third party service providers, located both within and outside Malaysia, to help us
maintain and operate the Website, or for other reasons related to the operation of the Website
and Shiseido’s business, and they may receive your Personal Data for these purposes. We only
provide them the Personal Data they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require
these companies to protect the Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws and
6.4 Other disclosure
We may use and disclose your Personal Data to perform your instructions and, as relevant, (a)
comply with legislative and regulatory requirements; (b) protect or defend rights or properties
of customers and employees of Shiseido; and/or (c) take emergency measures for the purpose of
securing the safety of customers, Shiseido, or the general public. We may also disclose and
transfer our personal data to other service providers and/or third parties (which may be located
both within and outside Malaysia) in the context of a merger, acquisition or any other corporate
exercise involving Shiseido.
7. SECURITY & PROTECTION
We maintain strict procedures, standards, and security arrangements to protect Personal Data in our
possession or under our control. Upon receipt of your Personal Data, whether through physical or
electronic means of collection, we will make the necessary security arrangements to protect such
Personal Data as are reasonable and appropriate in the circumstances. Such arrangements may comprise
administrative measures, physical measures, technical measures, or a combination of such measures.
When disclosing or transferring your Personal Data over the internet, we take all reasonable care to
prevent unauthorised access to your Personal Data. However, no data transmission over the internet can
be guaranteed as fully secure and you acknowledge that you submit information over the internet at your
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will not retain your Personal Data for any period of time longer than is necessary to serve the
time, we will destroy or anonymise any documents containing your Personal Data in a safe and secure
9. GOVERNING LAW
10. CONTACT US
If you would like to access or correct any Personal Data which you have provided to us, submit a
complaint, or have any queries about your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by
contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may write to us at:
Shiseido Malaysia Sdn.Bhd.
Unit 7-03, Level 7, Menara UAC, No.12, Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Date: 20 July 2018
By providing your personal data to us, you agree and consent to;
be included in our databases for our sales and marketing opportunities, including for establishing an account for checkout purposes if applicable; and
You would also like to receive information on products and campaigns from Shiseido, Shiseido Group and our third party business partners via email, SMS and post.
I consent to receiving such information as stated above.